It may have slipped your attention or you may have been bombarded with promo material that there has been a teeny event happening in London recently – that which is London Fashion Week (Or LFW as the cool kids call it). In celebration of this event and because I know you’re all very beautiful, busy people, I thought I would bring you the highlights of the glitz and the glamour straight from the catwalk and provide you with a bit of inside information regarding the forthcoming make up trends for Autumn / Winter 2013 as seen in a recent edition of Glamour Magazine – these are one’s that you can actually wear too!
- This trend isn’t going anywhere: so if you haven’t started growing out your brows, now is the time.
- Big doesn’t have to mean bushy – keep your brows well-groomed with a brow-set gel and comb.
- Add a little colour and definition to your brows with a powder or pencil product.
- Bold, darkened brows look great with nude eyes and glossy lips.
- If you’re blonde, take your brows one or two shades darker for a fashion-forward look.
As seen at: Chloe, Versace, Victoria Beckham, Calvin Klein
- Wine-stained lips are on-trend for autumn. A matte, powdered finish is the fashion pack’s choice, so apply your stain and then blot away any excess shine. We love this soft, velvet matte texture.
- Dark berry tones are best teamed with nude eyes.
- If you’re not feeling the red-wine stain, try a rosé blush. (Make up, not wine…..)
- Try teaming two plum hues if you’re feeling really brave.
- Keep the lip-line soft and smudgy.
As seen at: Lanvin, Vera Wang, Christian Dior, Prada
All About Eyes
- Go glam with statement eye make-up for AW13 – bronze eyes are a surprisingly-easy look to carry off.
- A lick of shimmering purple shadow will be your go-to look come party season.
- Create a feline flick of shadow and leave lips nude.
- A flick of metallic liner looks great teamed with hot pink lips.
As seen at: Gucci, Jason Wu, Christian Dior, La-La-Lashes
- Luxurious long lashes are back for autumn. Hello glamour. Ultra-long lashes on the upper-lids look great with matte skin and slightly-glossy nude lips.
- Super-long lashes are great with a peek-a-boo fringe.
- Dolce & Gabbana’s girls looked stunning on the runway with feline flicks, super-long lashes and a touch of smoky shadow.
As seen at: Emilio Pucci, Docle & Gabbana
The Big Smoke
- Smoky eyes are ever-present for autumn. We love this smudgy above and below the eye smoky kohl.
- Smudge the smoky shadow out into feline flicks for Roberto Cavalli-inspired sex appeal.
- Scoop hair back to let your smoky eye make-up take centre-stage.
As seen at: Marc Jacobs, Roberto Cavalli,
Read My (Red) Lips
- This season’s red lips are two-tone future-fabulous or bright and bold. Pick your camp. Marni’s girls wore deep red fading to pink. Go on, we dare you.
- Dolce’s girls are glamour personified
- Get playful with this trend and trade the fuchsia for Barbie pink.
- Start this lip by lining with a pencil for a flawless finish that won’t bleed out.
- Hello glossy! A full-flavour punchy red is stunning.
As seen at: Marni, Dolce & Gabbana, Marni, Marc by Marc Jacobs
Pretty Pink Blush
- Be oh-so-girly with a sweep of pink on the cheeks. Apply a sweeping of pink to the apples of cheeks while smiling for a flush of colour.
- Just a hint of colour on the cheeks with nude eyes and lips is a great workwear choice for autumn/winter.
- Team your rosy cheeks with a sugar-pink matte lip colour.
As seen at: Narciso Rodriguez, Ralph Lauren,
- Leave the lippie at home: autumn’s nude lip trend is top of our low-maintenance-friendly fashion list. No-make-up make-up is big again this season. It’s all about finding your perfect base.
- Just a slick of sheer gloss gives your lips a softer look.
- Team glossy lips with powdered matte skin.
- Try lightening lips to closer to your skin tone using a hint of foundation mixed with a sheer lip balm.
- A pretty nude-toned lipstick will give the lips definition and a more even tone, while still looking natural.
As seen at: Chloe, Giambattista Valli, Calvin Klein, Giles, Emilio Pucci
- Don’t be afraid to draw outside the lines. It might take some working up to – but take your eyeliner a little above or below the lash line to widen eyes.
- A big, bold feline flick will never go out of style. We adore this Dolce look.
As seen at: Rag & Bone, Dolce & Gabbana
So there you have it – you are now 100% completely up to date and even ahead of the game – so get out those clear lipglosses, put down the blusher brush and layer on that mascara! Are any of you a fan of any of these trends? I’d love to see any of the above trends in action!
Until next week, lots of love and warm snuggly cuddles